It's tough to see a loved one struggling because of old age. They may not be able to do the things they once loved to do, like cooking, going out to eat or taking walks. They may need help more than usual and are likely to rely on someone close to them. And that person could be you.
Before fully committing to taking care of someone in need, it's important to understand both of your situations. While you may want to help them every minute of the day, it might be difficult because of work obligations. And it's important your loved one obtains full-time care.
In this case, think about hiring a companion or caregiver from Colonial Domestic. These professionals will help your family member in a number of different ways. Some of these include:
- Assisting with daily exercise and mobility
- Helping them with personal hygiene practices
- Driving them to appointments or social affairs
- Aiding them while they get in and out of bed, wheelchairs or the bath
- Cleaning their clothes and dishes
- Cooking meals
- Entertaining your loved one by playing games or watching TV
- Checking vital signs and ensuring your family member is healthy.
By hiring a companion or caregiver, you can instead step back and manage the situation while they complete the day-to-day tasks.