Are you in need of a live-in housekeeper but don't know where to start looking? Here are some things to keep in mind as you begin the hiring process:
- A good match: Above all, look for someone with a personality that complements yours. This is an important relationship that will work better if you both have similar communication styles and enjoy each other's company.
- Alertness: Housekeepers should ideally be alert to their environments and be ready to change their daily tasks and responsibilities as needed. Employees that are alert to changes and security risks can communicate with you about the state of your home, keeping you in the loop at all times.
- Dedicated: Does the applicant have a passion for the job? Housekeepers will only truly surpass expectations when they take pride in their work.
- Detail-oriented: A good housekeeper has an eye for detail, and can see what needs to be fixed in your home before you can. Look for signs of a fastidious nature in the way a potential housekeeper dresses and speaks. These small things could be good indicators that an individual is detail-oriented.
- Organized: It's important that a housekeeper be organized. Otherwise, cleaning tasks can quickly get out of hand.
- Reliable: You need someone you can count on, who will never leave you in the lurch. Check applicants' resumes to see how long they stuck with previous jobs for an indication of their commitment levels.
- Trustworthy: Make sure that all applicants have been screened and gone through background checks. You will be trusting your entire household to them, as well as the safety and well-being of your pets and family. It's definitely worth it to check references as well for further reassurance.
Colonial Domestic Agency prescreens applicants for you, so you only have to interview the most qualified candidates. We pride ourselves on creating the right match between employer and employee, so trust us to find who you're looking for.