Most people enjoy having clean windows and appreciate clear views of the outdoors. Windows should be cleaned on a regular basis on the inside and the outside. Here are some useful tips for housekeepers looking to keep their employers' windows beautiful and clear.
- Clean your windows on a cloudy day. Too much sunshine will dry out the cleaning solution too quickly before you can properly polish the glass.
- If you notice that either the interior or exterior surfaces seem to be getting dirty faster than you would expect, check the surrounding area for possible culprits. Barbecue grills can splatter sauce, grease, smoke and oils on freshly cleaned surfaces. Indoors, candles can pose a similar problem. In addition, make sure that the filters in the furnace and air conditioning system are changed regularly. This will reduce the amount of airborne dust inside the home.
- Keep trees and bushes away from exterior surfaces. Pollen from these plants can gather on the glass like dust.
- Put down a towel along interior window sills to catch dripping. Cleaning solutions can cause damage to the woodwork, paint or varnish.
- Prevent streaking by using a window-washing squeegee with a smooth, soft rubber edge. Starting on dry glass is one way to avoid streaks. Dry the top or side of each window and always start your squeegee there. If you do find streaks, wipe them off with a soft, dry cloth.
If you are an experienced housekeeper in Los Angeles looking for your next position, consider conducting your search through Colonial Domestic Agency. Our skilled counselors may be able to match you with an employer who desires your experience and skills.