Waking up every day to head to your boring office job can be quite a drag. However, a career in the domestic service industry, particularly being a nanny, can not only be rewarding, but is also very exciting! Just ask April Metz, a full-time nanny who took time to rave about her job in Nanny Magazine. Take a look at some of the reasons she loves her position and be sure to register with Colonial Domestic Agency if you'd like to further your career as a nanny!
- Casual dress code: Stuffy offices often require you to wear suits, heels and other uncomfortable articles of clothing. Not only does this attire take away for your individuality, it also can be quite costly. As a nanny, you can wear jeans and t-shirts, especially when playing outside with the kids. This freedom to wear what you want will actually end up saving you a lot of money, hassle and time in the long run.
- Exercise: When you're a nanny you'll be running around with the little ones every day. Who needs to go to the gym when you can get exercise at your day job?
- Job security: Nowadays there are not many positions with job security, but being a nanny is one of them! Even though technological advancements have transformed an array of industries, parents are always going to need trained professionals to look after their children. Today, parents don't simply want to hire a teenage babysitter with little experience. They are looking for dependable individuals who can grow with their expanding families.
- No drama: "Many workplaces have drama galore, with coworkers talking about others behind their backs, [bullying] other coworkers or just being plain mean like they are in high school or in the movie 'Mean Girls,'" writes Metz. "As a nanny, you don't have to deal with coworkers. It's just you in your workplace. No drama, no backstabbing."
- Perks: There are many tangible perks to being a nanny, one of them being the opportunity to travel with the family you work for. A lot of times parents will take their nanny on vacation with them so that they have alone time. For instance, Metz states that she once had the opportunity to travel to the Bahamas with a family she worked for. While there, she took the children to the aquarium, explored the luxury resort and even had time for herself to sit outside by the pool.
- Positive impact on a child's life: The very best thing about being a nanny is that you have the opportunity to play an important role in a child's growth and development. Many professional nannies begin watching over a child at infancy and continue their same job through their adolescence. Having the opportunity to mold a child's mind and encourage him to be the best he can be is truly remarkable!
- You can embrace your inner child: Most office jobs stifle creativity, but this isn't the case when you're a nanny. In fact, this position challenges you to think outside of the box when coming up with ways to entertain and encourage the development of children. No two days are the same. One day you could be creating arts and crafts and the next you could be on a nature hike.
As you can see, there are many benefits to becoming a nanny! If you'd like to forward your career be sure to register with us today!